Thursday, October 23, 2014

Cooking

  I'm a terrible blogger.  I keep trying to be better at it.  In the meantime, I've found this wonderful blog.  Let me tell you, if you don't make her recipes you are missing out.  Not all have been hits in our house, but of the few I've made most have been family approved - or at least partially.  Peanut butter and vegetable curry had too much peanut butter in it for us, but had potential.  Her simple tomato soup would make a great soup base for us (I used tomato sauce instead of juice, I just never buy tomato juice, ew).  I was the only one that ate the creamy chili and zucchini stew, I found it delicious, but I don't think anyone else would like it; they all dislike zucchini.  Creamy spinach with brussels sprouts reminded my son of grown up mac and cheese but with brussels sprouts, which only my husband likes... so next time we'll omit those (also, we bastardize these with the addition of ketchup and Tapitio).  My favorite, which I made tonight, so far has been the crispy carrot cutlets (there are no limes in this recipe, those were for my water and I'm terrible at putting things away - plus I drink lots of water, why keep moving them around?).  Mother of all that is delicious!  Estonia = amazing vegan food, who knew?!  The child liked these - let me tell you, that says a lot (picky little schmuck).
   I've also been baking bread about every two days (maybe one day I'll care enough to touch up photos before posting them, also I should learn to photograph food).

 I made copious muffins, including these which the boy would barely even try (like I said, schmuck).  More for me.  I did dates in lieu of raisins since raisins come straight from the devil.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were his wrinkly scrotum proliferating itself... too much?  Yes, I dislike raisins that much.  More than brussels sprouts.  I forgot to take a picture after I'd baked them, and then they were all up in my face so fast I didn't get the chance.  Two days, that's how long they lasted.  They didn't rise, at all.  Still wonderful, don't care.
 
  I know I was supposed to make things for lunches.  I failed.  Sure did, not going to apologize.  DH had been working like crazy with zero days off - no, I exaggerate.  In 7 weeks he did get 1 day off, which meant lots of kid time and tired.  Like incoherent tired.  He decided to take a day off last weekend as well and he did get this weekend off; as bad as it sounds, only because someone died.  So yes, I'm still dragging; but doing better with DS back at school.
  Hopefully I'll post next Thursday, my goal will be to post every Thursday.  I sure hope *someone* remembers!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home