Friday, October 3, 2014

Large Italian meal planning

  I'm much later than expected posting this.  Apparently kids and memory don't cooperate in my keeping up on the blog.  So, I stated that I would share my Italian meal plan as well.  Lets get right in to that.

Italian Menu ideas:
  Appetizers:
 - bruschetta (there are copious recipes, find one that appeals to you, you can also replace the regular bread with bread spoons)
 - roasted tofu lollipops with pesto (chowvegan is currently having issues, but the picture is pretty self explanatory, as cute as they are on the little forks, I'll be using toothpicks)
 - balsamic strawberries with basil
 - pesto zucchini bites (easily use any squash or even eggplant)
  Salad:
 - panzanella (I wing it and add beans to make it a main dish)
 - vegan Caesar salad
 - sliced tomatoes and cucumbers marinated with balsamic, capers, and olive oil
 - any green salad
  Soup:
 - tomato soup (this one is nice and light omitting the potatoes)
 - minestrone
  Main Dish:
 - spaghetti marinara
 - roasted garlic, olive, and tomato pasta salad (there are plenty of vegan ricotta recipes)
 - stuffed shells (even eggplant haters love this recipe)
  Sides:
 - garlic bread
 - eggplant "meat"balls (another one approved by the indigenous eggplant hater, best faux ones I've found according to him)
  Dessert:
 - pumpkin cannoli (not going to sugar coat it, cannoli shells are crazy hard and time consuming.  Try doing it with someone experienced the first time, and never make them alone.)
 - Italian Wedding Cake (or Creme cake - sweet Jesus someone already veganized it!  This version is missing the walnuts my mother always included and I cannot say whether or not this recipe works)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home